Happy May Day, a day late! I would have posted my monthly dose of inspiration yesterday except I was busy being gifted with an iPad by the fabulous meriko, and you can imagine what that did to my productivity. There was also all the time we spent lazing in the sun on her back porch and partaking of yummy goodies from her kitchen, like fresh scones and a spring veggie tart and absinthe-champagne cocktails. Inspiring? Absolutely, and now here are a few more awesome things. You can play along too: please leave something that is currently making you happy in this post's comments, and we will all enjoy.
- Timothy Buckwalter's new show got a nice write-up on Two Coats of Paint, itself an excellent art blog.
- The new McSweeney's book The Clock Without a Face reminds me of how much time my brother and I spent poring over Masquerade when we were kids trying to decode the puzzle.
- I need to get off my ass and make room in my budget for a subscription to The Thing Quarterly, especially if upcoming artists include Chris Johanson and James Franco.
- I'm so hitting this tour of the V&A's reserve collection when I'm in London next month. And this restaurant. And this play.
Your inspiration, from last month:
- No comments last month! Maybe now that the sun's out...