The Tony Cragg Ice Cream Cone at the SFMOMA Blue Bottle Cafe. The Cragg sculpture after which it is modeled is being de-installed this week after a good run up there on the fifth floor.
Two rounds of illness, a magical overnight jaunt to Chicago (thank you again, Ms m!), and a couple creative-type extra-curricular gigs have kept blogging sparse in the preceding weeks. I assure you I've been absorbing a lot in my spare time, however. A brief snapshot of this last week that was:
- Made some money for my favorite radio station during our annual fundraiser.
- Visited [2nd floor projects] to ogle the colorful paintings and sculptural installations by Linda Geary and Danielle Lawrence and walked away with a beautiful print edition by Scott Hewicker besides.
- Blissed out to a brainy and minimalist performance by Bryan Eubanks and Cat Lamb as part of the Mills Songlines series.
- Rocked out to Omar Rodriguez Lopez and Crypts at the New Parish whilst avoiding all the emo bros reeking of Red Bull.
- Enjoyed me some Golden Retriever too.
This weekend's agenda: